.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Pinging Your Blogs to Search Engines

Thursday, August 18, 2005

Back in the Google index! The Blacklist has been removed!

Well, the story on a Google blacklisting has come to an end. About thirty days ago, I began this story by mentioning that a site of mine was blacklisted in Google. The site was completely removed from the index, PR meter was set to grey, and a query of site:domain.com produced no results. I talked about how I emailed Google support and kindly explained my situation and asked for reinclusion. They responded by saying they have forwarded the email to their tech department.

Today, the site is back in the index. Yes, it's true. Google does remove sites from the blacklist and set them back to normal. If you have a legitimate site, you do not need to can the domain and purchase a new one. You can indeed breath new life back into it.

So what exactly did I do to get the site back in the index?

Well, for one, you can read my previous posts about each step I took. But in general, I took a few steps to clean up the site as best I could. Note, the site contained thousands of pages, so cleaning it up 100% was not possible; although the word "clean" is mysterious when it comes to Google anyway. A kind email to the Google team, a little patience, and belief in knowing that the site stands as valuable content. Oh a couple backlinks from prominent web sites didn't hurt either, although they existed prior to the blacklisting.

What about my Google PR? Has it changed or penalties applied? No. I have checked this too, and it appears the PR has been restored to its former self. I can see no penalties and, in fact, I am seeing google search results again in my logs.

What a wonderful day indeed. I will keep everyone posted of any other information regarding the re-indexing.

Tags:

4 Comments:

  • You have given me great hope - thank you! I left my job 2 months ago in a comfy 2 paycheck a week job to come back to managing a large retail website that was manually removed from Google nearly a year ago. I think over having multiple urls pointing to same site - a very dumb decision by company owner. The business is in a downward spiral. It's my job to get it back onto Google. I have lost sleep and hair (no weight, unfortunately) over it all. I just sent off my carefully worded (thanks to you and post from Matt's blog) reinclusion request. I will this time, go the next step and respond the 2nd time once I get the canned reply. Thanks for your posting and giving us something positive in the great battle for Google.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:40 AM  

  • Am quickly losing hope. No reply message, no indexing. The Googlebot visits - still nothing. I'm at the point you were back in the beginning - maybe this client will need to change their name and start from scratch. The horrible truth is you can't really make it out there without Google - unless you have the budget to pay your way. Hey - lucky you. The Google god must have just been smiling on you...

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:28 AM  

  • Okay, my 3rd and final posting to you. You were absolutely right! Thank you a million. I got a resonse from help@Google on Monday, but it wasn't an encouraging one like yours with plans to forward it to their engineering group. It sounded sort of canned, and said they couldn't personally help everyone, blahtey blah - I should revisit the Webmaster Guidelines, etc. I thought it was probably over for us. I was already looking into plans to pull the site apart and rebuild with a new domain name. Lo and behold, when I pulled the site up today - we're back! A tiny green bar is a beautiful site compared to blank and gray. Thank you again for your insight and helpful steps. It is much appreciated.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:28 AM  

  • Instead of google, i am the one that mannualy removed my site off google index due to broken pages. I re-submit to google after that. After more than 6 months, my site is still not re-indexed. How long will i have to wait to get my website re-indexed?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home